These No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars could have been ridiculously healthy. The base is made of melted peanut butter and a bit of coconut oil, plus plenty of jumbo oats for chewy deliciousness.
Then I had to go and put a LOT of chocolate on top. I mean really… just look at how thick that chocolate layer is!
I made these No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars before a long-ish walk – it felt like sustenance was required (even though we stopped for lunch and a cocktail too!). They’re kinda like a flapjack, but with peanut butter and a bit of coconut oil instead of the butter, they’re full of protein and super tasty too!
I FEEL like a broken record but I used Callebaut milk chocolate to top these bars and it is so so delicious. I just placed another order from Makro – I buy it in bulk so it lasts for months. So so good! They’d also be nice topped with Dairy Milk though or whatever your favourite chocolate is!
I lovvve recipes with peanut butter. Smooth or crunchy, did you know that peanut butter melts right along with chocolate or coconut oil in a microwave? I love these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies and these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip flapjacks are I N C R E D I B L E !
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
You’ll need oats (jumbo oats are tastiest), coconut oil, peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, your choice). Plus, CHOCOLATE! To set the bars, a square deep brownie tin greased with butter works perfectly.
- 450g jumbo oats
- 200g peanut butter – crunchy or smooth – your choice! If it’s a really thick peanut butter you might need a bit more coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 300g milk chocolate
- Grease a 9 x 9 inch, or similar, brownie tin with butter or coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine your peanut butter and coconut oil, and melt together in 30 second intervals on high power.
- Once they’re completely liquid and combined, stir in your oats. Mix well, and tip into your square tin. Press down firmly with the back of a spoon (if it’s sticking, dip in some coconut oil first).
- Put the oat mixture to one side.
- In a heatproof bowl in the microwave, melt the milk chocolate on 30 second bursts of high power, stirring after each one. Pour over the bars, spreading out with a spoon (and creating swirly patterns if you like)!
- Pop into the fridge to set – they should be ready to cut in under an hour. Store in an airtight tin on the counter – or in the fridge if its very hot.
LOVE NO BAKES TOO? PIN IT FOR LATER!